1. Our commitment to privacy
Ownware is the data controller of your personal data provided to or collected by or for, or processed in connection with our services.
This policy was last updated in June 2022.
2. Data that we collect
2.1. Ownware collects personal data to operate effectively and provide you with the best experiences of our products and services. Data we collect may include the following:
Your contact information: names, telephone, email and location
Your company information: company name and location
2.2. Ownware does not collect any “sensitive data” (like racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious/philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data etc.) except when we have to comply with the law.
3. How we collect Data
3.1. We collect Data through your input, directly from you by enquiry forms, calls, emails, online messages, meetings, and events.
3.2. We may collect Data from our group companies and affiliates.
4. How we use your Data
4.1. Data protection law means that we can only use your data for certain reasons and where we have a legal basis to do so. We only use your Data for the following purposes:
– Your data is used by us to run our business activities effectively, including the sale of our products and services to you, and also to run our CRM system,
– Your Data is used to improve our website use and performance and further develop our products and services,
– Your data might be used and retained to comply with legal or regulatory requirements,
– Your Data may also be used for B2B marketing purposes. You can opt-out of such use of your Data at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button in our emails or by emailing us at [email protected]
4.2. We also collect personal data for the performance of our contract with you or on a basis of our legitimate business interests if you are a potential customer.
5. How long do we keep your Data
Subject to applicable laws and regulations (including as set out under the “Sharing of your Personal Information” section above),
we will only retain your Personal Information for so long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes as set out under the section “4. How we use your Data”.
We calculate retention periods for your personal information in accordance with the following criteria:
1. the length of time necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for
2. the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations
3. any limitation periods within which claims might be made
4. any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations
5. the existence of any relevant proceedings
6. How we may share and disclose your Data
6.1. For the provision of our goods and services and to implement the services that each customer desires,
– Our outsourcers and service providers: we share Data with outsourcers and service providers who help us to provide our services through website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructures.
– Third-parties: we may share Data with third parties in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
6.2. We might also use and disclose Data as we believe necessary: (i) under applicable law; (ii) to enforce our terms and conditions; (iii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property; and (iv) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities.
6.3. Given the global nature of O’s activities, we may at times transfer your Data outside of Thailand. However, we will only do so when we have utilized means to ensure that any such transfer complies with applicable data protection laws, for example when transferred by use of a data-transfer agreement.
7. How we protect your Data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect, including but not limited to regular backups, database encryption, and restrictive access to Data by staff.
8. Your rights
You may have rights under Thai and other laws to have access to your personal information and to ask us to rectify, erase and restrict the use of, your personal information. You may also have the right to object to your personal information being used, to ask for the transfer of personal information you have made available to us and to withdraw consent to the use of your personal information. Further information on how to exercise your rights is set out below.
– Right of subject access: The right to make a written request for details of your personal information and a copy of that personal information
– Right to rectification: The right to have inaccurate information about you corrected or removed
– Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten”): The right to have certain personal information about you erased
– Right to restriction of processing: The right to request that your personal information is only used for restricted purposes
– Right to opt-out of marketing: You can unsubscribe from our newsletter by unsubscribing links found in the communications you received from us
– Right to object: The right to object to the processing of your personal information in cases where our processing is based on the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or we have let you know the processing is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests. In these circumstances, the right to object is not absolute.
– Right to withdraw consent: The right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us to handle your personal information. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your personal information prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
These rights are not absolute and they do not always apply in all cases. In response to a request, we will ask you to verify your identity if we need to and to provide information that helps us to understand your request better. If we do not comply with your request, whether in whole or in part, we will explain why.
In order to exercise your rights please contact us via contact information as mentioned below.
9. Contact us
via email at [email protected]
or tel. +66 81 207 2099
or via postal mail at 89 Soi Pradit, Suriyawong, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand 10500.
Some of the cookies are strictly necessary for the functionality of the Website while others are used to enhance the performance of the Website and your user experience.
Strictly necessary cookies are used to:
• Remember what is in your shopping cart
• Remember how far you are through an order
Functional cookies are used to:
• Remember your log-in details
• Make sure you are secure when logged-in
• Make sure that the Website looks consistent
• Offer live chat support
Performance cookies are used to:
• Enhance the performance of the Website
• Enhance the user experience
Targeting cookies are used to:
• Allow you to share and like information that is made available on the Website
• Send information to other websites to customize their advertisements
• Send reminder emails of your shopping cart
The cookies are used to improve services for you through, for example:
• Enabling the functionality of some services like payment, which will not work without those cookies
• Enabling the Website to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during a single session
• Recognising that you may already have given a username and password when logged in to your account so you don’t need to do it for every webpage that you request on the Website
• Measuring how many people are using the Website, so that it can be made easier to use and so that we can ensure that there is enough capacity to ensure that it is fast
• Analysing data to help us understand how you use the Website so we can improve it
If you want to delete any cookies already on your computer, please refer to your browser vendor’s instructions by clicking “Help” in your browser menu.
You can also find out more about cookies and how to delete and control them on www.aboutcookies.org
or click “Help” in your browser menu.
what is cookies ?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
2. Cookies and other technologies we use
We use the following cookies and other technologies:
– Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
– Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
– Functionality cookies: These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Cookies help us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. Information is anonymized and only used for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any personal information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
3. How to manage your cookies
You can choose to accept or decline (or delete) cookies via your browser settings. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Please note that if you choose to disable the cookies, some features of our website or services may not operate as intended.